Updated: Nov 15
Chase away that chill in the bones as well as the common cold. Our Immunity Boosting Spice Mix enkindles your digestive fire and warms your fingers and toes.
Autumn winds carry cold and congestion and you may be longing for the comfort that warmth and a healthy agni (fire) provide.
This herbal formula is effective for stimulating circulation and creating an internal sense of coziness. Experiencing cold hands and feet and overall brrr? Chilled to the bones? Our Immunity Boosting Mix warms up cold hands and feet and is used to support conditions such as Reynauld’s Syndrome.
It’s necessary for the body to conserve energy in the cold months and so it constricts the vessels in the arms and legs. Yup, you know the feeling. This formula pushes the heat to the extremities and you’ll feel that nice warm glow. It includes strong diaphoretic and vasodilators which return the blood and heat to the exterior body. So grab your favorite (BIG) mug, put on your wool socks and wrap a scarf around your neck—things are about to get good!
Benefits: Immune boosting, supports healthy digestive fire, regulates blood sugar (thanks cinnamon), improves circulation, prevents the common cold and keeps you feeling cozy.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
1. If you are up for a festive fall outing, go to your local apple orchard or grower’s market.
2. Alternatively start with organic apple cider purchased at your local coop.
Now comes the really fun part--mix up Saumya Ayurveda's Immunity Boosting Spice Mix: 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Ginger
1/8 teaspoon Cardamom 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
1. Chop and peel 4+ apples and add to big saucepan or pot
2. Add water to cover about two inches above the apples
3. Boil for one hour and strain through a fine sieve 4. Or, bring about 1 quart of apple cider to a boil
5. Brew with Saumya Ayurveda’s Immune Boosting Spice Mix for 3-5 minutes before serving in your favorite mug. To learn more about using food to cleanse and how you can boost your metabolism, improve circulation, chase away colds and boost immunity with Ayurveda, schedule a free consultation with Veena at Saumya Ayurveda. Discover how you can change your life with Ayurveda. She'll show you how.
If you're looking for a long-term solution to health problems and to optimize your wellbeing, schedule an appointment Saumya Ayurveda.
Veena is a Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner and Meditation Teacher. Veena fell in love with the traditional medicine used in her family’s home and she has remained passionate about Ayurveda for 30 years. A firm believer in Ayurveda, the oldest, most continuously practiced holistic medicine system, Veena individualizes treatment plans to each person, rather than offering a one-size-fits-all approach. To learn more about Ayurveda and how she will help you take control of your health now — click here to schedule a free consultation.