Updated: Apr 27
Cooling to Pitta, cheers up the liver and promotes strong healthy nails.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3/4 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds 3 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese 1 bunch washed dandelion greens (rapini works well too, in a pinch use prewashed, ready to cook baby spinach) 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice 1/2 cup extra-virgin organic olive oil (Kirkland brand organic olive oil at Costco gets rave reviews and at 35 cents per ounce!) 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt Black pepper to taste
* Tweak the recipe to fit optimally for you.
1. Toast the sunflower seeds if you have raw seeds.
2. Break out the Magic Bullet and blend the garlic and sunflower seeds, parmesan cheese, dandelion greens, and lemon juice until combined.
3. Slowly pour in the olive oil and process until the pesto is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Enjoy on pasta, with crackers, on top of cooked veggies...use your imagination.
5. Have confidence the peace of mind that you are eating correctly for your doshas.
If you want to learn more about your doshas, (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha), book a free phone consultation.
Read and watch our client's stories. "I had my free phone consultation yesterday, and after looking at some testimonials I was blown away. I am excited to start my healing journey under your consultation." -M.F.
Veena is a Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner and Meditation Teacher. She is President Emeritus of the Meditation Center and former staff member of the Minnesota Institute of Ayurveda. Veena fell in love with the traditional medicine used in her family’s home learning herbal remedies at her grandmother's knee. She remains passionate for over 30 years, helping clients feel their best physically, emotionally, and spiritually with Ayurveda.
Veena individualizes treatment plans to each person, rather than offering a one-size-fits-all approach. To learn more about Saumya Ayurveda and how you can benefit — click here to book your free 15 minute phone consultation.